Pharmacy Data Analytics: How They Can Help Your Hospital
Hospitals have identified medication errors as a top safety problem, with only 42% of respondents in a survey of 100 hospital leaders saying their pharmacy surveillance efforts are very effective. However, reducing medication errors and antibiotic overuse/misuse only rank fifth and sixth in hospitals’ safety priorities.
With VigiLanz’ 5-time Best in KLAS medication management software, hospitals can easily receive the pharmacy data analytics they need to anticipate, prevent, and respond to adverse drug events while experiencing the following benefits:
- Rapidly evaluate patients of interest with efficient rounding tools
- Easily manage alerts in real-time
- Dramatically reduce manual chart review
- Enhance compliance with standards of practice
- Automate drug oversight with customized alerts and usage reports
- Receive protocol-based dose adjustment recommendations
Improved medication safety:
- Reduce ADEs with real-time alerts
- Manage medication dosing
- Optimize high-risk medication use
Enhanced pharmacy data analytics and reporting:
- Access up-to-date reports and analytics at any time
- Automate required reporting to NHSN
- Enhance visibility with an enterprise-wide dashboard
- Identify cost-savings opportunities
- Manage high-cost drug use
- Understand usage patterns by location, provider, and service
By using pharmacy data analytics from VigiLanz’ medication management software, Freeman Health System saved an estimated $4.7M in medication error avoidance over an 18-month period.
Learn more about the benefits of medication management software and pharmacy data analytics, and how they can help your hospital today! Check out further resources below:
Preserving the Power of Antibiotics: Understanding the Impact of Antimicrobial Stewardship Programs
Learn how antimicrobial stewardship programs are a key approach to promoting responsible and appropriate antibiotic use.
Saving Lives, Reducing Dependency: The Power of Opioid Stewardship Programs
In the fight against opioid misuse and overdose, opioid stewardship programs have emerged as powerful tools, offering a path to saving lives and reducing dependency.